quarta-feira, setembro 12, 2007

Sci-Fi Quickies VI

Dear Emma.

How are you my love? And how has Stuart faced his first day of school?

Well, for me it's been five days now and I'm very excited. The people around trust me, and I've been assigned to this enormous task: I'm with this team which is mapping the uncharted waters and recifes, to draw the coastline of the entire inner sea! Yes, it's that good. Imagine now, I'll be granted the pleasure to study all the riches of this environment, so wealthy of different cultures, so full of commerce and resources. I couldn't ask for more, this is what every geographer dreams to do. I'll travel by boat and record every mountain, island, river, city, town, village, forest, desert, every landscape.

So many myths envolve this sea, dear, so many legendary heroes, semi-gods and even gods themselves. And it feels that way too. Here the weather is calm, the climate perfect for agriculture. The temperature right for human settlement. No wonder all the great cities of this world evolve around this sea. No wonder they call it the core of civilization. No wonder our great Empire is trying to encircle all the coastline of this sea, for it surely is the key to this world.

The only concern I have is this eternal daylight, which is already derailing my methabolyc system. Well, I'l have to do with it. I'm going to start in the Barents, where many changes are still uncharted, tomorrow. I'll update you about my adventures and discoveries, for I know you are full of curiosity as well. I promise to be your eyes and senses in my next letter.

Give a big big hug to Stuart.
With love,
Lewis.

in letter 4335, found in the shipwreck of GSS Beavis Hunter, Arctic Sea, 2244 A.D.

Sem comentários: